We have compiled information on groups outside of THS to give you more opportunities to perform. Information is included for the local college music programs.
2017 Solo Ensemble dates:
Click below for more information
The Timpanogos Band Boosters provide support to the Timpanogos Band program. If you would like to help, please follow the link to sign up for ways that you are able to help.Sign Up
• Rehearsals/Sectionals: Practices and sectionals are required and essential in order for a performance group of this caliber to continue to be successful. The attendance policy will be strictly enforced so please check your calendars carefully and do not commit to the season if you are not able to participate according to the attendance policy. All marching band events are listed on the band calendar, available at www.timpanogosband.org, under the calendar tab. The online calendar will be updated with any changes, and these changes are binding if they are made at least three weeks in advance. Conflicts should be discussed with Mr. Nelson before the season starts. The majority of attendance problems can be avoided by identifying conflicts early and addressing them immediately.
• Parades: During the parade season (June-July), each member of the marching band is required to perform in each scheduled parade. Realizing that important summer activities are often out of the control of parents (in terms of scheduling), please discuss any conflicts with parade performances with Mr. Nelson as soon as possible. Realize that significant time commitments during the summer are required in order to put a high- quality show in the field. The Lindon Days parade is also a required performance for all marching band members.
• Performances/Competitions: All performances are required. No exceptions will be given except for rare, extenuating circumstances. See calendar for specific dates of performances.
• Band Camp, July 31-4, is required of every member of the marching band. While it is held here a THS, this week should be totally blocked off for every member of the band as if they were out of town. It is essential that we have every member for the entirety of band camp in order to learn our fall competition show.
• After band camp, students must use the "Marching Band Absence Request" form to receive approval for any absence. Besides emergencies, there is no acceptable reason to miss a rehearsal or performance which has not been pre-approved.2017 Marching Band Contract